(Panera Bread) Black Bean Soup
- 1onion, finely chopped
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 2celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1⁄4large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2small chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 -1 1⁄2cup boiling water
- 2(15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons cornstarch
- In a pot, combine the first six ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add half a can of beans, salt and cumin; cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree soup (I use an immersion blender which makes it easy to do it right in the pot).
- Add the rest of the beans to the soup.
- Combine the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water.
- Add the lemon and the cornstarch to the soup; cook until thickened.
Tagged with: Black Bean Soup