With summer in full swing many folks are on a mission to lose those extra pounds and get summer beach bodies. Many of those individuals are turning to fad diets. Check out my take on many of these diets in these articles below.
- Everything You Need to Know About Intermittent Fasting via Insider— I’m not an advocate of intermittent fasting, but if it’s something you want to try I weigh in on the do’s and dont’s.
- Can You really Do the Whole30 As A Vegetarian via Greatist—Whole30 incorporates a lot of animal proteins, while eliminating grains, dairy, legumes, and soy. See what I tell this reporter who inquired about going on Whole30 as a vegetarian.
- What Is the Military Diet? Everything You Need To Know About This Strange 3-Day Diet Plan via Shape.com—This quick fix diet has been all the rage this summer. See what I recommend to Shape.com about this plan.
- Why This Dietitian Is Against Keto, Paleo, and Every Other Trendy Diet via U.S News & World Report Eat + Run— This article I wrote got quite a reaction from keto, paleo, and other diet advocates. Find out why I’m against these fad diets, and why I consider them unhealthy.
- The Keto Diet: Is It Worth A Try via TobyAmidorNutrition.com– The ketogenic diet has become extremely popular for individuals looking to lose weight. In this article, I weigh in what the keto diet entails and the potential risks of following it.
- Ask the Expert: Carb Cycling For Weight Loss via Today’s Dietitian Magazine— In my monthly column for Today’s Dietitian Magazine, I discuss another trendy diet. Although carb cycling is used effectively for athletes, find out my thoughts on carb cycling for weight loss and if it is a safe way to lose weight.