These days as people work more and their lives get busier, they have much less time for themselves. It’s easy for people to forget about taking care of themselves and what’s most important, their health and fitness. However, leading a healthy lifestyle will improve your overall health, and increase both your energy and level of fitness. Here are 5 tips on how to lead a healthy lifestyle:
Top 5 Fitness Tips For A Healthy Life
1. Hydration!: For as long as you can remember, you’ve been told to always drink eight glasses of water a day. Hopefully, you’ve been listening. Fluids are essential for a healthy body. Your body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of the fluids include digestion, circulation, absorption, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature. A hydrated body delivers more energy, and increases your stamina and alertness.
In addition, cells that don’t maintain the proper balance of fluids will shrivel. This shriveling causes muscle fatigue, which has a very negative impact on physical performance. It’s very important when exercising to keep drinking throughout, so you do not become dehydrated. Try to drink as much water as possible. Avoid flavored and fizzy drinks as they most often contain added calories and unhealthy food coloring. Also, try drinking ice water, as your body burns extra calories in order to counter the temperature change that occurs when you do.
2. Variety is the Key: Combine both cardio and weight training into your workout routine. Cardio is more popular than weight training as it burns a lot of calories. However, weight training promotes muscle growth, and muscles burn the most calories when at a resting heart rate. In addition, weight training has an after burn effect. Your body will continue to burn more calories even once you’ve finished weight training.
In addition, mix up your workouts. People often get bored with their workouts, causing them to fall out of routine. But with so many different activities out there, there’s no reason this should occur. Try mixing in new types of exercises or sports, any type of physical activity to keep you going.
3. Interval Training: Finding enough time to workout and keep fit can be an issue for many people. Whether it’s taking care of kids, or work, workouts seem to be put on the bottom of the to-do list. However, interval training involves workouts of higher intensity, over a much shorter period of time. This method also can produce better results than prolonged cardio. You don’t have to dedicate hours of cardio in order to get in a workout. 20-30 minutes of interval training will keep you fit.
4. Procrastination is the Enemy: Putting exercise off is a sure-fire way to making sure you don’t do it. If you wait for the perfect conditions to do your workout, it will never happen. You need to actually enjoy your exercise in order to make it a permanent part of your lifestyle. Find what you like and what works for you, and then stick with it! Putting things off will get you nowhere.
5. Find Motivation: Motivation is a very important aspect of any workout routine. Find what motivates you to make sure that you keep going. A workout partner to train with is a great way to keep up motivation. Having someone to workout with makes you accountable to someone other than yourself. Next time you feel like skipping your morning jog, you’ll think twice if you have to call someone who’s counting on you in order to do so.