Mexican Noodle Bake (Meatless)
- 2tablespoons oil
- 1cup onion, chopped
- 1cup green pepper, chopped
- 1cup celery, sliced
- 1(1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1(15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1(15 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1(16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1(16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2cups elbow macaroni, dry
- 1cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion, pepper and celery in oil until softened.
- Stir in taco seasoning, beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooked noodles.
- Spread mixture in a 9 x 13 pan. (or, put in gallon ziploc bag and freeze–write baking instructions on the bag, then when you are ready to eat it, thaw in warm water for about 10 minutes, put in pan and bake).
- Bake, uncovered at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake five more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tagged with: Tags