Julie’s Extra Special Holiday Chex Mix
- 1lb bacon, slices (approx, up to 1/2 cup drippings) or 1⁄3 cupbacon drippings (approx, up to 1/2 cup drippings)
- 1⁄2cup butter
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, to taste
- 4dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Fry up the bacon until it’s nice and crisp. Note: for those who’ve asked, 1 pound of bacon (in my experience) will yield between 1/3 to 1/2 cup of drippings. It depends on the bacon you use.
- Then place the cooked bacon in a container and reserve it for another use- it’s the leftover drippings you’re after!
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Melt the butter and bacon drippings together in a saucepan, then stir in the seasonings to make a nice, buttery mix.
- In a very large bowl, combine the mix ingredients.
- Gradually stir in the buttery seasoning mix until the dry mix is evenly coated.
- Spread on cookie sheets and bake for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes about 14 cups Chex mix snack.
Tagged with: Chex Mix