Lean Abs and Muscle Through Nutrition
One of the best superfoods out there is Kale, and before you stick your nose up at it, know these few important facts:
1. A cup of kale has only 33 calories but gives you 3 grams of lean-muscle-building protein
2. A cup of kale also has 206% of your vitamin A requirements which is great for your eyes and skin health
3. You also get 2 grams of fiber to keep you full and prevent you from overeating
All the above factors plus the fact that kale is so nutritionally dense means that it is a perfect 6-pack abs food and you should consider it being a staple in your daily nutrition plan.
What’s better is that you’ll be happy that the following 3 kale salad recipes are not only healthy but also delicious and satisfying. These salads can be eaten as sides to your main meal, or turned into complete meals by adding grilled chicken, salmon, or prawns.
3 Amazingly Tasty Kale Salad Recipes
1. Simple Kale Salad – This one is a good starter salad, and it tastes great. With a homemade dressing, it’s great for supporting overall health.
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of salt & black pepper
- 6 grape tomatoes split in half
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 mandarin pieces without the skin
- 2 tablespoons of roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
Directions: Whisk together all wet ingredients and salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing onto the kale, and toss with tomatoes, almonds, mandarin, and dried cranberries.