These delicious whole grain blender breakfast muffins are made with pureed strawberries and bananas and 100% white whole wheat flour for a healthy on-the-go breakfast.
Oh em gee this show is bringing me back to high school. I just finished season 2 AND I CAN’T STOP. I think I’ve only seen up to season 4 or 5 (back in the day), but word on the street is that it just keeps getting better. I think it’s crazy that the show is still on! Did you know it first aired in 2005 . IT’S 2016 people…that’s 13 seasons and 269 episodes. Anyways- I’m super pumped to waste away a good chunk of my life over the next few months watching Grey’s.
I’m back with another Almond Breeze recipe today —> Whole Grain Breakfast Muffins that are made with 100% white whole wheat flour, and tons of fiber. They are dairy-free and the PERFECT dense and delicious breakfast muffin.
You guys- these muffins are AMAZING. They’re packed with tons of good stuff including purred strawberries and bananas! I love that they take under 30 minutes to make from prep time to bake time. Want to know my secret?
A BLENDER. Yah literally throw all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender and mix until smooth. It saves a ton of time and you only have to get 1 thing dirty. In this recipe I used Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened…my go-to almond milk! This is the stuff that I buy on a regular basis. We’re talking at least 2 gallons a week. #sorryotsorry
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh
- 1 banana, medium
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- honey + unsweetened coconut flakes
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Spray with nonstick coconut oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Place coconut milk, honey, banana, and strawberries in a blender and mix on high until strawberries are pulverized and the consistency is smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the coconut oil) and blend on high until smooth.
- Finally, partially melt your coconut oil and add to batter and blend on high one more time until everything is mixed.
- Fill the muffins almost to the top with batter.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until you do the toothpick test and it comes out clean.