Nutty Hot Babes Gelato Sundae
- 5cups whole milk
- 1⁄4cup instant espresso powder
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2ounces Amaretto
- 1 1⁄2cups sugar
For Cinnamon Mascarpone Cream
- 1⁄2cup mascarpone cheese
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 -2tablespoon heavy cream
- 2tablespoons sugar (to taste)
For the chocolate bowls
- 12ounces dark chocolate
- 1(8 ounce) jar nutella, warmed
- 1⁄2cup shelled pistachios
- Combine milk, espresso powder, and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Heat just enough to dissolve the sugar and espresso powder.
- Remove from heat, add Amaretto and vanilla, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- combine mascarpone, cinnamon, and enough cream to give it a whipped cream consistency, sweeten to taste; set aside.
- Line 6 small bowls with oiled plastic wrap, with as few wrinkles as you can manage.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, over a slow simmer.
- Use as low a heat as you can to avoid taking the chocolate out of temper.
- Pour chocolate into lined bowls, and tilt to cover all sides with a sturdy layer.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to serve turn chocolate out of bowl, remove plastic wrap and place on a pretty plate.
- Freeze gelato in ice cream maker to manufacturers instructions.
- Make sure it is very cold going in, so the texture will be dense and creamy.
- Freeze gelato until firm enough to scoop. If you have a small machine, you may need to do this in two batches.
- Warm nutella in a double boiler, until it has the consistency of hot fudge.
- To serve, place a generous scoop of gelato into a chocolate bowl, drizzle with warm nutella, top with cinnamon mascarpone cream, and sprinkle with pistachios.
Tagged with: Gelato Sundae