Goat Cheese Wrapped in Phyllo
- 1tablespoon light butter
- 4small white onions, chopped
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3cup honey
- 1teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 4frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and sugar; cook, stirring often, 30 minutes or until caramel colored.
- Add vinegar and honey; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in thyme.
- Stack phyllo, coating each layer with cooking spray.
- Cut into 6 (5 inch) squares and spoon onion mixture evenly onto center of phyllo squares.
- Top evenly with goat cheese.
- Lift corners and twist together.
- Place packets on a lightly greased baking sheet and lightly spray each packet with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes or until golden.
Tagged with: Phyllo