Absolute Best Ever Lasagna
- 1 1⁄2lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2lb Italian sausage
- 1large onion, chopped
- 2 -3garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2-2teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1tablespoon dried oregano
- 1tablespoon dried basil
- 2(14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped (or canned chopped tomatoes)
- 2(6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 24ounces cottage cheese or 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2teaspoon pepper
- 2tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1lb mozzarella cheese, divided
- Brown ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic.
- Add salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes with juice, and tomato paste; stirring until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour (or longer,but watch for getting too dry).
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Spray a 13 x 9″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 1lb of mozzarella cheese; In a lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
- Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese; make sure to cover noodles completely.
- Bake at 375F for 40-60 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted. (I cover w/ foil for about 40 minutes, then uncover for 15-20 minutes.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Tagged with: Lasagna