Greek Spinach Rice Balls
- 2lbs fresh spinach (frozen would work)
- 1cup chopped scallion
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 2cups cooked brown rice
- 2teaspoons dried dill
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1cup plain breadcrumbs (I bet wheat germ would be good too)
- In a large pot, steam spinach. Chop and set aside. Preheat oven to 350. Sauté the scallions in oil until just softened.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine spinach, scallions, rice, dill and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well, mashing the rice against the sides of the bowl until the mixture holds together.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. With Dampened hands, pack a heaping ¼ cup of the rice mixture into a ball. Roll the ball in the bread crumbs and place on the baking sheet. Repeat the process until all of the rice mixture is used up.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the balls are heated through and crisp on the outside.
Tagged with: Rice Balls