- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1cup minced white onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1⁄2cup chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2cup frozen cut Italian cut green beans
- 1⁄4cup minced celery (about 1/2 stalk)
- 4teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 4cups vegetable broth (Swanson is good *note ( Do not use chicken broth!*)
- 2(15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2(15 ounce) cans small white beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 1(14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2cup carrot (julienned or shredded)
- 2tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4teaspoon dried thyme
- 3cups hot water
- 4cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2cup small shell pasta
Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
Makes about eight 1 1/2 cup servings.