Scallop Burger Sliders With a Cilantro-Lime Mayo
- 1medium vidalia onion, finely diced
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2lbs fresh sea scallops
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1egg, beaten
- 1⁄2cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12mini hamburger buns or 12 soft dinner rolls
- 4tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄2teaspoon hot sauce (recommended ( Tabasco)
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1cup mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a small skillet saute onion in butter over medium heat until translucent. Cool.
- Place scallops in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped or chop by hand. Transfer to large bowl and add remaining ingredients, except vegetable oil. Add in the cooled onions.
- Cook’s Note: Mixture should not be too loose. If necessary, add a bit more flour or another egg.
- Shape the mixture into small burgers, approximately 2 inches in diameter. Place on a waxed paper lined sheet tray, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add scallop sliders and cook until browned and cooked through. Place on small soft dinner rolls and top with a bit of Cilantro Mayo. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cilantro Lime Mayo: Blend all ingredients in food processor except mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Process until cilantro is fine. Add mayonnaise and process just until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook’s Note: This sauce is good with any seafood or fish, especially salmon. Yield: 1 1/2 cups.
Tagged with: Scallop Burger