Yummy Crunchy Apple Pie
- pastry for single-crust pie
- 1⁄2cup sugar
- 3tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8teaspoon salt
- 6cups thinly sliced peeled apples(1/2 Macintosh, 1/2 Granny Smith)
- 2⁄3cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2cup flour
- 3⁄4cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2cup butter
- 1⁄4cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Use foil on bottom of oven rather than a cookie sheet under pie pan.
- Prepare pastry for single-crust pie.
- Place in pie plate and trim and crimp the edge; refrigerate 30 minute loosely covered with plastic wrap.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
- Add apple slices and gently toss until they are coated well.
- Transfer mixture to pie.
- FOR CRUMB TOPPING: Stir together brown sugar, flour, and oats.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until topping resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over apple mixture in pie.
- To prevent over-browning while baking, cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes more, or until top is golden.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool on wire rack about an hour and serve!
Tagged with: Tags