This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
Hi friends! How’s the day going? Hope you’re enjoying the afternoon. I’ve really enjoyed reading all of your comments on this morning’s post. Thanks so much for joining me for a virtual green juice. I always love getting to know all of you a little better. Thank you for the RVA and travel recommendations, too!! I’ve got my list ready to go; you always have the best suggestions.
Now that we’ve had our green juice,
I made you a cake. ?
I’m not sure who decided that cake should be strictly reserved for parties and official celebrations. This is one of the many reasons my nana and I are kindred spirits. We’d all get together for family dinner, say on a random Tuesday night, and she’d walk up carrying one of her delicious bundt cakes. (PS does anyone else think of My Big Fat Greek Wedding every time you think of or see a bundt cake? The image of the plant placed in the middle of the cake still makes me snicker years later.) The family would be together, and that was celebration enough.
For this cake, I decided to make a sweet, slightly dense creation, with a hint of almond flavor. It’s almost like a pound cake meets a vanilla sheet cake. And then I covered it in a chocolate and coconut oil ganache. It just seemed like the right thing to do.
Gluten-Free Cake and Dairy-Free Too!
This cake is gluten-free and dairy-free, as I used gluten-free flours and my beloved Almond Breeze almondmilk. It’s perfect for a celebration… or maybe make tonight and random Thursday night fiesta.
I hope you love it as much as we did!
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
Gluten-free vanilla almond cake with coconut ganache
A slightly dense and perfect sweet cake, with an almond flavor and rich chocolate ganache
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 1 1x
For the cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar (superfine)
- 6 tablespoons egg whites (from a carton)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
For the ganache
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a Bundt pan with nonstick spray (or lightly coat with coconut oil) and dust with gluten-free flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk the baking powder, salt, gluten-feee flour, coconut flour until combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites. Add in the vanilla, almond extra, butter, coconut oil, Almond Breeze, and sugar, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture in batches, and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the Bundt pan, and bake for 28-30 minutes, until lightly golden and set.
- Allow to cool completely before inverting onto a plate to drizzle with ganache.
- To prepare the ganache, place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double-boiler, or microwave for 30 seconds in a glass bowl. Stir until smooth. Pour on top of the cake and serve!
- Serving Size: 12
Favorite cake flavor? What was the last dessert you made?
More Almond Breeze recipes:
Dark chocolate almondmilk truffles
Gluten-free vegan banana pudding
Seared halibut with Romesco sauce
The best black bean soup
Slow cooker butter chicken
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk, my very favorite. Thank you so much for supporting this blog and the companies who help to support our family.