Hi ? How’s your afternoon treating you?
I hope it had at least one moment that felt like this:
Oh Bell. So much joy and sass for a tiny pup.
Livi and I had a great morning, and then around noon, we went to go see Kyle and Meg’s new house. They moved this weekend while we were out of town, so I was excited to check it out for the first time. It looks beautiful! Luna seems to be enjoying her new digs, too ?
We picked up Oregano’s takeout:
(that’s the Oregano’s favorite salad: greens, kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes, pine nuts, feta, raisins + chicken with vinaigrette)
and hung out for a while.
Afternoon jolt was this lovely bread.
I’m trying to work my way through the pantry and freezer staples, and remembered the giant bag of oats and bit of almond meal we had left.
They were the dry components of this seriously decadent healthy bread. It’s like a muffin meets a cookie ? I’m excited to have some with tomorrow morning’s omelet!
This afternoon, a slice was perfect with a smear of almond butter and a cup of coffee.
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
Strawberry lemon oat bread
A gluten-free breakfast or snack option with a lovely lemon brightness. Serve hot with butter or ghee, or cold with a smear of your favorite nut butter.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oats (gluten-free: use gluten-free oats. For grain-free, use more almond meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a standard loaf pan with nonstick spray, or grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almond meal, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (except for the strawberries).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in the strawberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is set and lightly golden.
- Serve hot, or allow to cool and store covered in the fridge.
- This would also be AMAZING crumbled onto vanilla ice cream.
- Serving Size: 8
Can’t wait to go for a walk when Liv wakes up from her nap; it’s gorgeous outside <3
See ya in the morning.